Our Christmas Card Competition returns!
I’m delighted to invite students from across the Central Coast to enter our Christmas Card Competition. This year’s theme is “Our Aussie Christmas” and invites students years K-6 to submit drawings, paintings or artwork that reflect what an Australian Christmas means to them.
Previous years have seen some wonderful designs, with the winner having their artwork placed on the front of my Christmas card that’s sent to homes and businesses across my electorate on the Central Coast.
There are some great prizes donated by Bendigo Bank in East Gosford including:
1st Prize - $250 bank account
2nd Prize - $150 bank account
3rd Prize - $100 bank account
And five highly commended $50 bank account prizes.
Because of strict printing deadlines this year, there’s not much time to enter. The competition will close at 5pm on Thursday 2 November. The entry form and rules for this competition are below.
I look forward to your students’ involvement, and thank Julie Eastham and team at Bendigo Bank in East Gosford for their generosity and support of this initiative in its third year.
If I can ever be of any assistance to you, or your school in any way, please do not hesitate to contact my office. I look forward to receiving some outstanding entries.
Christmas Card Competition Rules 2017
- The competition is open to children aged 5 to 12 inclusive.
- Entries must be relevant to the theme of “Our Aussie Christmas”.
- The final design must be submitted on a horizontal A4 page only, as the winning image will be shrunk to fit a 10cm x 21cm card.
- Entrants are encouraged to be creative in their use of different materials – whether painting, drawing, sketching or scrap-booking/collage.
- Each entry must be attached to a completed application form (feel free to photocopy the form).
- Prize winners will be notified by email/phone by Tuesday 7 November and presented at a future date. Winners must consent (via signature of parent/guardian) to having their photo taken for use in Mrs Wicks Christmas newsletter and any media.
- Entries must be received by 5pm on Thursday 2 November either by post or in person to Office of Lucy Wicks MP, Level 3, 69 Central Coast Hwy, West Gosford, NSW, 2250.
- Prizes are as follows: 1st - $250 Bendigo Bank account; 2nd - $150 Bendigo Bank account, 3rd - $100 Bendigo Bank account. Five $50 Bendigo Bank accounts will be awarded as encouragement awards.
- Designs will be displayed at the Bendigo Banks on the Central Coast.
For any questions, please contact Rebecca Gale Collins on 02 4322 2400 or email Rebecca.Gale-Collins@aph.gov.au
Making things happen for Robertson